Monday, September 10, 2007

Shaking things up

I wanted to update this blog about how my and Joni's field study is going, and to give brief glimpses into what other stuff I did during the last 6 weeks (omg, has it really been that long?). Stuff like, hiking trips in the mountain ranges, parties, excellent food and weekend excursions to Quito (you get the picture). Then, just as I am about to put these things into words I feel a tremble. And it is not my fingers trembling from all the exciting stuff, but the laptop, the table, the chair, the room and in fact the entire half of Colombia that is shaking.

My first EARTH QUAKE!

Rocking!

As things would have it, a 6.8-magnitude shake took place just outside of the coast, causing minor trembles across the Pacific parts of Colombia.

Since Cali was not very close nothing fell from the table, shelves or got damaged in any other way. Some friends of mine were however concerned, but I guess that's because they live in high-rises (I don't).

To calm things down, I recommend some nice Colombian music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola hermanito!
Que tal con tu espanol? Espero que hablas perfectamente ahora..
Un abraso muy fuerte,
Ebba

Dilman said...

Trevlig låt! (jag håller på att läsa ikapp din blog). vad heter låten, så man kan få tag på den?