Sunday, March 25, 2007

Going to Gummersbach

Every morning I meet the colleagues from Kienbaum who also live in Köln and ride with them to Gummersbach. (route plan)

It takes about 25 minutes, during which I can either get depressed by seeing the endless traffic jams on the roads heading into Köln, or I can get inspired by the beautiful scenery as the road makes its way up into the hills. I never cease to be amazed by how hilly, and therefore scenic, Germany is. Regarless of view, it goes by pretty quickly since
my most frequent "driver" likes speed (I usually tell him to go a bit easier on the gas when we hit 185 km/h).

The downside with this car pool arrangement is of course, that I am to a large extent bound by the schedule of the driver. This has so far meant that I leave Köln at 8 a.m. sharp and usually return around 8 p.m.

No comments: