Friday, May 05, 2006

Easter

What could be a more appropriate way of celebrating Easter than chocolate bunnies? Not surprisingly I went skiing this (third consecutive) weekend as well. Still so lovely.

However, since the weather is getting warmer I have begun enjoying my bike (which I brought with me from Sweden) and am exploring the surroundings of St Gallen.

Luckily Easter is such a long break that there was also time for some genuine sight-seeing. Together with Astrid (exchange student from the Netherlands) I explored Switzerland biggest roman ruins

The place was much bigger than I had expected and very welcoming with a full-size replica of a roman nobleman's house, where we could relax and play a game with utterly confusing rules.

Since these ruins were in close vicinity to Basel (and we have 4 hours to spare) we went into town and walked around. We also climbed to the top of the Cathedral to get a good view of the city.

No prizes for guessing what type of weather we got the following two hours, but the dark clouds do give me an omnious appearance. Looks cool in a Darth Vader kind of way, don't you think?

No comments: