Sunday, February 11, 2007

Picture time

Since I don't* have a digital camera, I have poached some pictures of the websites of the ca. 30 other Swedes whom I hang around with here in Düsseldorf. I am sure they won't mind me sharing them with you. (PS I also updated some old posts with pictures)

The first week we did a small City walkabout









It seems that any
German city that wants respect has to build a TV-tower. D’dorf has of course one. And in order to be a bit different this one has arranged lights along the outside. Through these one can read the time (during the night).






We of course posed in front of it. Can you spot me?








A preparty picture (at Sigrid's place). Afterwards we went to Mediahafen, where all the cool clubs are. Some of you might recognise the person just left of me, Julia, whom I was buddy for at SSE. She studies in Koblenz and was kind enough to come and visit and help me explore Düsseldorf. This picture was taken during a tour of one of the many small breweries in the Old Town. In this tub the beer is cooled in order for some very importance process related to the yeast to occur (don't ask, the guide had done his training in Bavaria so I only understood half of what he said). All in all it was a great learning experience as well as a wonderful culinary treat.

* If my mom happens to read this she might think that she did indeed buy one for me and my sister to share. But, for semi-rational reasons, my sister clings onto it.

No comments: