Saturday, December 09, 2006

Old News

About a month ago or so I, and many others (for instance my sister, to the left) participated in the Stockholm Model United Nations. Here we are, posing together with the former Foreign Minister of Sweden, H.E. Mr. Jan Eliasson, who also recently held the position of President of the United Nations General Assembly, i.e. he is pretty much Sweden's foremost diplomat.

Enough said about him, I mainly posted the picture because both my sister and I look so nice in our Nigerian outfits. I am beginning to grow more and more interested in Nigeria and Africa. Hopefully I can get my African friends in Sweden to come over for dinner soon (we are always postponing it). Did you know that Nigeria is having elections in the spring of next year?

And oh, by the way, both my sister (representing Mali) and the Nigerian delegation (which I advised) received distinctions from the organizing committee for their performance during SMUN. (and so did I :-))

No comments: